Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Pain in the butt...

After a couple good workouts I've developed a new pain. This one I have read about on blogs and forums and I honestly assumed I was in the clear...but no such luck.

It started feeling like a pulled muscle in my right bum (sorry coworkers for being explicit :) and now feels like a pinching feeling on a constant basis. Yesterday I swam 1200m and then walked several laps trying to concentrate on taking large steps with my right leg. When I lifted my left leg up to take a step the pinching sensation felt significantly worse. I'm going to try some new stretches to see if that helps, but otherwise I will be contacting Dr. Murphy to ensure this is normal.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Is it similar to a pain you had prior to the surgery? I've started to get this kind of 'pinched' nerve feeling in my left 'bum' side, to the point where it's like I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry...

I don't know if this is just the bursa? telling me to give the hip a break, or something else..either way, it's pretty annoying.

Hope your bum pain goes as quickly as it arrived!...

The Kirkwood Family said...

Sounds like sciatic nerve pain... I get this when i do too much sprinting. It is a sharp pain that is focuses in your butt... but if it gets bad enough will shoot down the back of your leg. I layoff the hard running, do hip strengthening exercises... and STRETCH. When I was pregnant it was bad because Josh was pushing on it the whole time. NOT FUN!

MY PAO STORY said...

What - you stopped posting??!! Hope you are well! Are you going back to Boston for screw removal? (or will he do at your next surgery?) I will be going on vacation to Cape Cod for the 4th of July - and Millis will squeeze in my screw removal then.
I am walking with barely a limp at almost 13 weeks out!
Beth

Sarah said...

Ah yes. Our old friend, ass spasm. Fret not, though it will hang around for a while, eventually it goes away.