Friday, May 02, 2008

Ironman vs. TitaniumWoman

TitaniumWoman...not enough metal to set off the detectors at the airport...but enough to kick Robert Downey Jr's butt

Yesterday I went for x-rays to confirm everything was healing as expected. Dr. Mautner, my referring doctor, mentioned that besides calcium deposits and a screw that looked to be 'poking out' (he said some medical name, but I can't remember it off hand) everything looked good. My range of motion was great and besides my significant limp when walking he expected that at 6 months I should be back to normal. I asked if that included being able to run and he launched into a lecture about how that is never an option...unless I needed to jog away from a mugger.
All in all, everything seems to be okay and once Dr. Murphy okays the xrays I will be cleared.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

Sam,
I'm really glad to hear that your recovery is coming along so well, though I'm sure you wish you were walking better. Love your x-rays; I just love looking at mine ... it seems to validate all the pain and hard work I've been through. I'm very proud of my screws!
Take care,
Cass

MY PAO STORY said...

LOVELY!!!
Beth

Rachel said...

Those are some WHOPPING screws!..
Sounds like you're really making progress, which is awesome! Although I have to say that your exercise regime puts me to shame - and I haven't even had my operation yet, and I still don't do as much as you :(